RSS

Obligatory and Witty Blog Post Title Here

I always wonder what to write for the New Year. In 2008, I wrote a beefy post about what I had been through that year, how it changed me, and how much a grew. In 2009, I wrote nothing because my hard drive decided to give up the ghost... but that's just as well because I don't think 2009 was really that eventful of a year. And now here I am, in possession of a sleek new laptop (the other one just couldn't make it, even with the new hard drive) and mourning the loss of my sleek new iPhone 4.

But 2010 was a good year, and I feel like, if I write a post about everything that it gave me in detail, it could take forever! 2010 gave me Community. It gave me Justified and Rubicon and a WW2 miniseries. It gave me a cat and a fish and another year with my dog. It gave me Chelsy and Leanne and Caroline and Kenny and so many others. It gave me P Company. It gave me Peathgate... oh what memories. It gave me a driver's license, and a car... sort of. It gave me my first tax induced freak out, and my first water damaged phone. Most importantly, it gave me my first sister.

2010 took me to Oregon and Washington and Montana and (back to) Texas. It made me write a novel (that I'm still writing ha... haha... ha) and once again got me back into reading.

It gave me Inception and Tangled and RED and a good number of enjoyable movies. It allowed me to rediscover television shows and books and movies I adored when I was a kid. It was a time of reflection.

It put me in a familial situation I didn't ever think I'd be in... and it got us through it. And it extended my family.

By far, the most precious memories I have of 2010 (with the exception of my brother's wedding) are those I got to share with my children. And, while I'm not really looking forward to the fall of 2011, I can't wait for the year to start; to be able to share more memories with my kiddos. They are such a large part of my life, it's hard to think about them growing up and going on to preschool or - God forbid - Kindergarten. I went to Montana with them, and I cried my eyes out on the way home from Texas because I missed them. And through my relationships with them, I've gained even more relationships with their families.

I will always be thankful that I was given the chance to spend time with them, to watch them grow and develop their little personalities, to see their little smiles and hear their laughter and help them to stop crying.

So, I figured to mark this passing of time, I'd share with you the video I made of them. Some of you may have already seen it, some of you may not. But it's a collection of memories that I hold very dear to my heart, and I feel like it's the perfect way to say goodbye to 2010, and hello to 2011.

Happy New Year, everyone!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

October Aeowyn said...

I haven't been able to post a comment because my internet has been an idiot. Anyways, happy new year, BB doll! I hope that this one is better than the last and I'm always here for you.