RSS

I think that's what they call a "hiatus"...

And how! I'm sure it's been close to a month since my last post, and I gotta say, I've really missed this place!

I'd love to be able to tell you all that my life is just super busy and I have no time to update, or that I was abducted by aliens and didn't have wi-fi, 3G, or anything else in the Medusa Cascade, or even that I joined a convent that was 100% anti-blogging, due to the social constraints it places on blah blah blah... but, I don't have anything cool like that to report.

No, my absence is due to 2010 HATING MY GUTS. And by "2010 HATING MY GUTS" I mean, my hard drive crashed on New Year's Eve and I've been computer-less for some time. It took about 3 1/2 weeks to figure out what was wrong with my computer, locate and purchase a new hard drive, and get it installed... during which time, I was at the mercy of my iPhone.

I love my iPhone, I really do... it's great, and perfect for those moments when you REALLY want to share something on Facebook or Twitter or Tumblr, but you aren't near a computer. It's convenient and helpful... what it ISN'T is a sufficient laptop replacement.

I think it took about a week before I started going through withdrawals. I started out thinking, this is fine, I'm okay, I'll survive, it's JUST a computer. That lasted about 2 days. Then it became, well, I can just use other computers... and I have my iPhone... and I can run AIM and Twitter and Tumblr and Facebook from it, and occasionally check 9th, I'll be okay. THAT lasted about 3 more days.

It quickly became I HATE PEOPLE WHO CREATE VIRUSES AND PHISHING SOFTWARE AND SPYWARE. I HATE MY LACK OF VIRUS PROTECTION. I HATE MY STUPID HARD DRIVE THAT JUST UP AND DECIDED TO DIE. I MISS MY COMPUTER.

It was frustrating, to say the least, but now I'm back and running a sleek 2.5" Seta 500GB hard drive. The good news is, my computer is SO much faster than it was before, and has tons more storage space. The bad news is I have to rebuild EVERYTHING that wasn't backed up: My iTunes library, my photo library, etc. etc. Still, I'm glad to be back. Here's to hoping I'll be back to my regular posting by next week!

And, just a sneak peek... I now have a camcorder, which means I'm probably going to dive pretty heftily into vlogging... keep an eye out for that!

Happy New Year, BTW!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Justin said...

If you haven't picked out a good antivirus program yet, and don't mind spending a little bit on one, I recommend the one I use: BitDefender. It's fairly inexpensive, and is a GREAT antivirus/anti-spyware program. =]