RSS

Finally finished all my Christmas shopping!

This year was probably the most hectic Christmas wise that I've ever experienced. Probably because Christmas just snuck up on me! I'm still having a hard time believing that it's right around the corner, because it doesn't feel like Christmas. The fact that we don't have a tree up may have something to do with it, but whatever the reason, Christmas just snuck up on me! 

Regardless, I was able to finish my Christmas shopping last night (geez, Wal-Mart, could you be more stressful? Wal-Mart will be closing in 2 minutes it's been 2 minutes why are you still shopping we're closing our registers in 3 minutes and in 5 minutes if you aren't outside well sweet dreams you're sleeping here we'll see you tomorrow) and that was a huge weight off of my shoulders.

This December seemed to be filled with deadlines... it was crazy! Starting right at the very beginning, when my novel was due by 11:59pm November 30th... or at least my 50K. Then I had a Secret Santa gift that had to be mailed off by the 10th (and wasn't actually mailed until the 11th, ooops!), Christmas cards I had to get out, a gift exchange on December 16th (with my kiddos! YAY!) Sean's birthday last night, Christmas Eve on Friday, and Christmas on Saturday. Breathe with me, people.

hee. hee. hoooooooooooooooo.

And also, the whole moving thing. Oh yeah, that.

Deadlines are great, don't get me wrong... and a few of those things weren't even hard to be on top of (like the Dec 16th gift exchange and the Christmas cards), but I think moving around all the time makes time go faster... which is great, unless you don't have that much time to begin with. Right up to the end there it was, "oh yay, I got this, this, and this do--oh no Christmas presents!"

But now I'm done. Anything that isn't wrapped by Christmas Eve is on Amazon and UPS. ha. Which actually takes a lot off my plate and makes the other tasks I have to complete (like, um, my novel?) a little easier to handle.

Plus I'm really excited about some (read: most) of the gifts that I got for people this year... muahahaha (I am so clever... and humble) so there's that. I'm sure that once Christmas is actually here, it'll feel like it.

Merry Christmas! :D

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: