RSS

Waiting on Charlie

So, I'm closing in on my 6th and final week of the abs diet, and I must say, I'm impressed.

Impressed with what, you may ask.

Well, with a lot of things. I'm impressed that I stuck with it, impressed that it's so easy, impressed that it worked.

I'm not perfect, by any means, but... it's super easy. I've gotten to the point where everything I eat has protein in it... at least 2 grams per serving. I've practically cut Trans fat completely out of my diet, except for when I eat out, and I've gotten Saturated Fats down to .5 grams per serving.

I still have pasta and white rice, but very rarely, and I don't miss it when I don't eat it. I also don't crave things as much as I used to. I've basically cut soda out of my diet. I still drink raspberry tea, and every once in a while I'll have a slushie from Sonic, but no more carbonation... and I only have those drinks when I got out to eat. I drink lots of water and milk at home.

The eating part is VERY easy. :)

Exercise wise, it's a little more difficult, but I've been pretty good about it. Getting back to the gym was horrible... it's the hardest thing in the world to go back once you've been away, but the more you go back, the easier it gets. The first day, I had to force myself 10 minutes on the Elliptical. I walked up to it, and it seemed to be laughing at me.

Has anyone seen "Look Who's Talking Now?" Or the sequel, I don't remember which one, but the baby is trying to potty train, and the toilet taunts him, tells him it's going to eat him or something.

That's how I felt walking back up to the Elliptical. It was laughing at me, telling me I was going to FAIL.

BUT... I cranked out 10 minutes and upon my return I was able to crank out 15 no problem. (15 = almost 2 miles, btw. w00t)

I can feel the difference... and my pants and clothes are fitting differently. I've had a bad week... but I'm excited that my definition of "a bad week" now means I've been eating dinner late, and I maybe had a piece of candy. :D And it's MUCH easier to get back on track.

So, that's where I'm at. I'm also partaking in a Biggest Loser competition with a friend and her boyfriend. 12 weeks, ALL that jazz. :D I'm excited. Hopefully I'll sart seeing a few more results.

Thank you to everyone who's been helping in this endeavor!!! It's been so much easier with all of your help!!!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: