RSS

Donum quod Vomica

I've been stricken with the Vomica 11:11.

It happened a while ago... spread to me from a friend who is also stricken. I won't go into too much detail about it, so as not to spread it further, but simply put: I'm drawn to clocks at 11:11 (AM or PM).

I've been able to live with it for a while, but lately it's gotten worse... much worse. So far, in the past week, the only time I've looked at a clock is at 11:11... even when I don't mean to look at the clock. Sometimes I'll inquire as to what time it is, but other times, I'll be talking to friends and my eyes will merely wander to the clock, and it is always 11:11.

I'm beginning to wonder if I can live like this.

HOWEVER... I'm also beginning to wonder if this "curse" is instead some kind of whisper of things to come.

The person that left me stricken also believes that, because he is stricken, he will gain super powers on November 11, 2011 at 11:11 am... if that's true, that would make 11/11/11 our very own Dies Eclipse... it leads me to wonder if all those stricken will gain powers as well.

This set me to thinking, what would my power be? What would suit me? Sure, there are a lot of powers I would LIKE to have, but which one is actually meant to manifest? It's actually quite an interesting question to ask oneself... if I had super powers, what would I have?

Interesting enough, the moment I gave up trying to figure out what would manifest, I figured it out.

Last night, I had a dream.

My friends Heather and Kevin came to Merced, after not coming back all summer. I was shocked, because I didn't think they would... Heather had said she wanted to return, but Kevin had expressed no interest in coming home, so I was fairly surprised to see him.

Heather, Kevin, and I start hanging out, doing what we used to do before Azusa stole them, when we bump into Kyle... which is weird, because Kyle is supposed to be in Washington. He starts talking to us in latin, and I apparently understood him.

Then he looks at us with a pained expression and says, "EGO sum dico vos is quoniam odio nostrum varietas EGO meditatus vos amicitia." Before I can ask him what he means by "varietas", he is gone. It bothers me that Kyle is not only speaking latin, but that he's just disappeared into thin air, so I suggest we go home.

BUT, as we turn around, we realize it's too late.

It was like a scene straight out of a movie... only it was extremely high quality. Merced - which had been perfectly fine 3 seconds ago - had become a ghost town. Every shop was in tatters, every street light out of order, and every one of Merced's inhabitants (save for a handful) had joined the legions of the undead, serving under Kyle, their zombie king.


And then I woke up.

First thing I did was write down the only latin sentence I remember Kyle saying, so I wrote it down and looked it up online... apparently, he said something to the effect of "I'm telling you this because we're friends." (I was unable to find an exact translation)

Given the circumstances, I began to wonder if maybe this wasn't just a dream, if it was another whisper of things to come... if maybe I was destined for Donum Oraculum.

There's really no way to know... guess I'll just have to see...

***This post was merely a joke... my boredom and imagination working together. I do not in any way speak latin... but the latin spoken in my dream inspired me to continue with the latin theme... interestingly enough, "Donum quod Vomica" roughly translated is "The Gift and the Curse", which is the title of a new story I'm fixing to write.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: