RSS

Top Ten Things...

So... I'm starting NaBloPoMo again. Well... I guess I shouldn't say "starting" seeing as I always started... but you get the point. Anyway, I've been waiting for the NaBloPoMo site to update and announce the theme for July... it's already July 2nd, and it isn't updated yet! ARG! How can they wait THIS long into the month and STILL not have updated?

:P

But no, seriously... the fact that the theme isn't updated "on time" makes me realize how much I take it for granted when it IS on time... which got me thinking about other stuff that I take for granted. SO - I decided to compile a list of things I take for granted. In an earlier blog, I talked about possible top ten lists, and I figured, this would be a great thing to start that out with. So, without further ado, Here are the

TOP TEN THINGS I TAKE FOR GRANTED

1. Not Being Sick

These past couple of days, I've had a WICKED killer headache, complete with all the fixins: sensitivity to light/sound, nausea, blurred vision, the works. It makes me realize how much I love not being sick, and how much I don't appreciate it as much as I should.

2. Rotating/Removable Faucets

Anyone who's washed dishes in a shallow sink with a stationary faucet knows what I'm talking about. There's nothing more difficult than trying to wash a pot or pan that's bigger than the sink, with a faucet that DOES NOT MOVE. The only time it's beneficial to have a stationary faucet is in the event you want to take a bath whilst washing the dishes.

3. Blankets

I've never wanted a blanket more than when I don't have one. And it's not just the warmth a blanket offers, but the mild sense of security and comfort that comes along with it. I've found it's hard to sleep when I don't have one of my huge Mexico blankets with me, and part of that is because I don't have something to snuggle down into before I try to sleep. I spent a whole week housesitting, and I was able to make due with a different blanket for about 3 days... after that, I was up till 6 in the morning every night because I just couldn't sleep without MY blankets.

4. Socks

'Nuff Said. lol

5. Friends

I talk a lot about how I feel lonely without my friends, but I never realize how lonely till I hang out with them. Recently, my friend Randy came home, and we went to my friend Heather's house and just sat around the table and did nothing but laugh... and it was one of the best nights I'd had in a long time. It was good to have at least one of my friends home, and I don't really make the most of every moment they ARE here.

6. Laughter

Tying into the last one... I love to laugh. It's one of the best feelings in the world, and I never realize how much I love it until I've gone a long time without it. And not just laughing myself - I love hearing children laugh, too. It's very hard for me to stay angry at a child when they start laughing. It's infectious... on every front, but more so when it's accompanied by a child's innocence.

7. The Internet

This is really sad... but whenever I need to look something up, and don't have internet access, I catch myself wondering how we managed to look things up when it didn't exist. >.<

8. A Steady Paycheck

Also pathetic... but if you have a job that yeilds a steady paycheck, you SHOULD be thankful for it. Nothing is more disorienting/frightening than running out of money.

9. an ID card

Really? I don't need to explain this one. Long story short: I'm 21. My ID was expired for a long time.

10. Life in General

How many people can claim they aren't guilty of this? Everyone takes life for granted on a daily basis, but I guess what really opened my eyes to it is the fact that I'm starting to drive... for serious now. lol. I hate driving, it scares the CRAP out of me, and I'm certain I'm going to die each time. lol.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: