RSS

NaBloPoMo

So - apparently there's this thing called National Blog Post Month... or NaBloPoMo... I think it's a pretty cool idea - mostly because now I'm getting stressed beyond the point of no return, and I'm going to need to blog my brains out. *sigh*

So, what you're supposed to do is post something every day of the month, focusing on a certain theme. December's theme is thanks... now, while I wrote posts on both the first and the second, I didn't get to post them because I was on the road and running around like a chicken with my head cut off... so I'll just give you a brief overview of them.

Dec. 1st - woke up sick... slept almost the entire way home and was still exhausted when I hit my bed. Hank whined a bit about his wounds but other than that he was okay... a little blah. Steven was sick too, and when we got home, Sean got sick as well. Yay. We got home safe, though. :)

Dec. 2nd - talk about hitting the ground running. I had to be at work in the morning, and from there I set things up for rehearsals... and then had rehearsal for the college show at 5. When I got there, I was tossed into two more skits, and ran around like a chicken with my head cut off. It was quite unnerving but exciting at the same time, and I received a lot of positive feed back. The show is high energy, we were running everywhere between scenes - it's going to be awesome. We then had to strike the set, and when I got home I found out that Hank was still not feeling well. :(


So - because they were written before I knew about NaBloPoMo, they aren't really centered around the theme.

Today... well... I'm going to try and count my blessings... there are a few things I'm extremely thankful for... I'll try to look at the glass as half full instead of half empty.

I'm thankful for good friends: I recently had my name somewhat dragged through the mud - some pretty mean things were said about me and it kind of got me depressed... but I've got some great friends, and they really helped me to get over it. :)

I'm thankful for iTunes: This one is going to sound weird, but... lol... I really am thankful for my iTunes. I think it's psychic... it always plays EXACTLY what I want to hear - when I'm upset, it'll either play a song that has words I need to hear, or play a song that has a voice that makes me happy... either way, it never fails. For instance, last night, when I was dealing with the rumours spread about me - it played Rumours by Lindsay Lohan and then Games (The Kids Get Hard Mix) by New Kids on the Block. :)

I'm thankful for Ana and Kayla: My "mom" and my "sister." We function on the same mind link, and they're some of the most uplifting and amazing people I know. They always make me smile and help me out when I'm upset... and they always know EXACTLY what to say to make me smile... more often then not, they make me quite literally roll on the floor with laughter. I love you guys!!!... even if you are the cause for my corruption. :D

I'm thankful for "stars" that aren't getting too big for their britches: Three people come to mind when I think of this, and I'll address each of them.

Eamon Sullivan: Australian swimmer - if you have no idea who he is then FIND OUT NOW... and join the Aussie Posse. This guy is sooooo awesome - he happens to be one of Kayla's idols and totally made her day when he CHATTED WITH HER ON FACEBOOK!! He's hilarious, and a nice guy - and he's good looking and talented to boot. The thing that gets me about him is he has a facebook, and he doesn't talk all day and night about how people love him, or how there were people everywhere he went, how he has this many fans, how amazing he thinks he is, blah blah blah. No - instead, he talks about what he did that day, or he posts videos of him bungee jumping or hanging out with friends - when he's in the water he's an olympic swimmer, but out of the water he's a normal guy and he acts like it... that's freakin' awesome.

Donnie Wahlberg: I don't know where to start - this is a guy who is never too busy to give fans what they want. The great thing about Donnie is that you won't ever hear him say "OMG I'm so amazing people love me so much" (at least not seriously lol). On the contrary, he talks about how much HE loves the people that love him. He's all about the fans - and I loooooove that I think it's absolutely adorable. I also love that he's not afraid to play around, and he's certainly not afraid cry... and like I said, he's all about giving the fans what they want. :) (Like Sullivan, he also makes silly little videos in his spare time)

Garrett Webber-Gale: Another person that, if you don't know his name, learn it and memorize it. He may not be as big as Phelps right now, but he's twice the man and he WILL be a household name soon. For the past couple of months, I've had the pleasure of reading Garrett's blog - if you EVER need to read anything inspirational, read his blog. It's really amazing... I love it. And what's more, Garrett's a pretty down to earth guy - he talks with his readers through comments, and gives us regular updates. But does he ever talk about how many people love him?? How many fans he has?? No - he talks about his training... how he feels he's doing, where he feels he needs to improve, and what he's going to do to improve. He's extremely humble, and a sweet guy - and he's going to be famous here real soon, no doubt. :)



These may sound like stupid things to be thankful for, but I'm grasping at straws here. My dog - who is one of my very best friends in the whole world - went in for surgery today and I'm really worried about him. :( I'm trying to be optimistic... here's hoping tomorrow's blog can have some thanks concerning the dog! :)

Get ya mind right!!

~L.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Jolls said...

Hey now, don't count all your blessings in one basket! I'm glad you found out about NaBlo, I was going to tell you anyway, lol. Here's lookin' at YOU, kid!



(always wanted to say that hehe)