RSS

Update #3 - Hitting the Gym...

I did my first upper body workout at the gym today and - unlike my lower body workout - I actually wrote everything down. Here's the breakdown:

Chest Press
Weight: 90 lbs
Reps: 12

Arm Curl
Weight: 30 lbs
Reps: 9

Shoulder Press
Weight: 40 lbs
Reps: 9

Pectoral Press
Weight: 60 lbs
Reps: 9

Arm Extension
Weight: 40
Reps: 12

Lateral Raise
Weight: 40 lbs
Reps: 12

Seated Row
Weight: 40 lbs
Reps: 12

Lat Pulldown
Weight: 60 lbs
Reps: 13

So, as we can see... when my upper body muscles all work together, they're fairly capable... but when they work individually, they're fairly lame. HOWEVER - that's what I'm there to work on, yeah?

Aly came to work out with me, and she showed me a few abs workouts that I could actually DO... so I can actually work on my abs as well!! That was fairly exciting, not gonna lie. I did one exercise with an exercise ball, and another with a weighted ball.

After that, as was planned, we got in some cardio. I tried out the elliptical and... well, I was only able to survive collectively about 10 minutes on it. There was a lot of starting and stopping, but I did a collective 10 minutes on a level 10 hill program, followed by 11 minutes on the treadmill at level 2.5 speed, and another 12 after raising it to 3.0 (I had only intended to do the treadmill for 15 minutes, but got lost in my book).

All in all, it was a pretty satisfying work out! :)

The eating right has been going really really well. Snacking has been pushed to a minimum... not because I want to starve myself, but because it's becoming unnecessary. I'm finding myself satisfied with smaller meals, which is really nice. :)

Last time I weighed, I was 291 lbs. Hopefully, next time I way, that will change... and by change, I mean be lower... I have no desire to gain weight. haha.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: