RSS

Talents... and an Original Story!!

One scary morning, a big ugly Grinch showed up and SCARED everyone. Everybody ran away from the Grinch, scared, until Pixie Hollow was deserted. When the Grinch had no one left to scare, he went up to his scary Grinch room and died.

No - no he didn't die, he just went to sleep. He slept for a long time. Eventually, the Pixie Hollow witch found him. She was really ugly, and she killed him. Everyone in Pixie Hollow was still asleep, so they had no idea what was going on.

The End.

That story was "written" by a 4 year old boy named Kohen. I thought it was the most adorable thing in the world, so I figured I'd share it with you... and I decided that it went along VERY well with the topic of today's post: Talent. Kohen made that story up off the top of his head, and for a 4 year old, I was extremely impressed. He's definitely got a talent for story telling. :)

The point of this post, however, is... me. lol... I know that sounds extremely selfish, but... let me explain. Lately, I've been told how talented I am by numerous people, and about numerous things. I recieved a message from someone I've been getting to know that informed me that my writing in this blog had touched her - and hearing that really touched me.

I guess what I'm trying to say is - to everyone who told me I did a great job in the Christmas Musical; to everyone who said I made them laugh as Mr. Cornwell; to everyone who has told me that my writing has either moved them or touched them, or just told me I have writing talent at all; and to the few of you that have heard me sing and have (LIED and) told me I had talent there as well - Thank you.

Everyone is their own worst critic, and Lord knows I'm hard on myself... it really does mean a lot to me to hear that other people think I'm doing well. As much as it shouldn't matter what other people think, it DOES... and it means a lot to me to hear that people appreciate what I do... each and everyone of you are amazing, but there are a few people that I really want to lift up...

Jordan - *hugs* I love you!! I've had so much fun getting to know you, and to be quite honest, this blog is what it is because of you. :) All the times you told me that I had a good or that I was good at blogging, or even if you just said I had good camera presence... it meant a lot to me and helped me to want to continue this... and if it hadn't been for you, I would NEVER have heard of NaBloPoMo, and I wouldn't be on the eve of my 50th post! :) So thank you for all your kind words and encouragement.

Donna - my inspiration! I love you and all of your insane determination! It makes me feel like I should get out there and run a marathon! And it means that much more when you give ME a compliment! :) Thanks for all the encouragement and inspiration!

Courtney, Mikayla, and Ana - Honestly, I could give you all your own tab, but it would become a slew of insane (and not entirely appropriate) inside jokes that I just don't want to get into right now... I just want to say - I wouldn't have done it if it hadn't been for you three. Wouldn't have even DREAMT of doing it - but I did it and it's all your fault, and I absolutely love you for it. :) Thank you so much for all your nudges and kind words and all your feedback. :)

Nancy - thank you... you know why. :) It was insanely touching and what you said meant a lot. Thank you sooo much for your kind words. *hugs*

Melissa - *superhypermegahugs* Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your family!! You and your kids love me so much - I don't think I've ever been loved that much by someone outside my family! And I always seem to hear from you or run into them when I'm having a bad day... thank you so much for everything! :) I think I owe my love of working with children to you, as well, cuz when I came back from Texas I wanted NOTHING to do with them! *hugsagain* Love you! :)

That's not to say I don't appreciate everything from everyone - these are just the peeps who have been due a formal thanking. :)

And now my brain is scattering... I'm doing my best to grab every little thought that tries to run away, but it's hard work, and makes it even more difficult to focus and blog. So - I bid thee goodnight!!!

GET YA MINDS RIGHT!

~L

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: