RSS

Inside the Actor's Studio... we can all dream, can't we?

I was tagged in this, and seeing as I am running out of things to blog about, I figured I'd just go ahead and do it today, until inspiration sneaks up and beans me in the head with a 2x4.

Again, I won't tag you and force you to do it - I'll only tag you if you've already tagged me... although, Randy, I'm tagging YOU in this, because I think you might enjoy doing it. You don't have to if you don't want to.

So - without further ado!!!

Here are the ten questions (compiled by Bernard Pivot) that James Lipton asks every guest on Inside the Actors Studio, along with my own responses. - Tag it and make sure to send it back to who tagged you....

1. What is your favorite word?
You know, tough question. I have a slew of words that I absolutely love more than any other words in the English language. I believe these words are more than just words, they carry a load of meaning with them, and among those words are "Believe," "Hope," and "Love." But, since I'm only allowed to pick one, I'd say that "Believe" would have to be my favorite... I think it comes with the most meaning, as well as a sense that nothing is lost, that as long as you set your heart to something, it'll happen. Now, I know this isn't always true, but it's a great concept, isn't it? Carries a sense of positivity with it - and what do we need right now more than positivity and belief? eh?

2. What is your least favorite word?
Irregardless - it isn't a word, but everyone says it. yes, it's in the dictionary, but the Prefix "ir" and the suffix "less" cancel each other out - so if you're using it to say you don't care for something, you're really saying you do.

3. What turns you on?
There are a lot of things I'd like in a man, but honestly, the one thing that really gets me is a great smile. I'm weak for that... my 3 favorite actors caught my attention with their smiles. :) The way I see it, a smile is something you can perfect, so if you have a great one, more often then not it means you smile/laugh a lot, and it's a way of seeing if someone has a good sense of humor without knowing them. Plus, nothing brightens eyes, and shoot - the whole FACE - like a smile. :)

4. What turns you off?
Arrogance, easy. I can't stand people that think they're God's gift to the earth... really can't. Now, I want somebody who is confident about who they are - I don't want a push over... but I don't want someone who's arrogant.

5. What is your favorite curse word?
YAHTZEE!! I realize it isn't a curse word - but really, what makes a curse word a curse word? What makes the F bomb any worse than any other word?? the context - the SUBtext... when broken down, they're just words, driven only by the meaning we give them. So, anything said with negative subtext is a curse word. Now, certain words are designated as curse words due to how long they've been around, so I like yahtzee because it's not as offensive as the others... because, let's face it, sometimes you just gotta say something.

6. What sound or noise do you love?
I'm a huge fan of music... I don't have a designated style that I listen to... I'm not a fan of today's rap, but older stuff is pretty good... when it was a little less explicit... However, my favorite sound is when a group or a choir or whatever uses little or no instruments, and makes the music with their voices... harmonizing and what not, to the point where you don't really realize that there isn't any background music. It's a beautiful sound. Also - I'm a fan of a thick, intoxicating laugh... one that, when you hear it, you can't help but at least smile.

7. What sound or noise do you hate?
The nails-on-a-chalkboard-esque sound that's made when a fork squeaks on a glass plate. Just thinking about it makes me shudder... it's a horrible noise... it's like having an itch in your brain that you CAN'T. SCRATCH. I also can't STAND the sound of people yelling at each other. Breaks my heart.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
oooo... good question... I'd like to be a producer... mostly because I don't know exactly what they do, but I know they make the world go round. Movies, music, doesn't matter, I'd just like to see what it's like. Also - I'd love to be a person that empties out porta-potties. It'd be the best job ever... I mean, think about it. If your JOB was to empty out porta-potties, and you got up at 5 in the morning to do that.... it doesn't matter what the rest of your day is like. Whatever happens, it's going to be better than what you did at work.

9. What profession would you not like to attempt?
Wow... that's a good question, too... what would I not like to attempt... hmmm... Therapist. I think I'd be bad for that job... I'm so intolerant of people that refuse to help themselves - I don't think I could sit in a room for hours on end and just listen to people complain about their lives when they won't do anything to change it. Now, I know that not everyone that gets a therapist refuses to help themselves, but I know that there are those that don't, and as soon as I get someone like that, I give them two sessions before I just say "wow, shut up and do something about it. Sheesh - how do you expect things to change if you won't actively pursue a chance to change them?" It's a personality flaw. 'XD

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
I know that a lot of people would like to hear "well done good and faithful servant" or "welcome home, my child." Stuff like that. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to hear that, but what I'd really like is to get to Heaven, have God open the gate, and smile at me as I walked through. Give me a hug, and then laugh and say, "and you thought you weren't gonna make it." It'd prove to me that God has a sense of humor... lol.


---guess I should say something I'm thankful for... I'm thankful for these little survey things, so that I have something to blog about, and I'm thankful for the internet... I finally got my hands on Music for the People!! :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey visiting from NABloPoMO!! I'm taking your survey for today. I'll link back to you!!!

Lauren Brent said...

:) Looking forward to it!