RSS

Memoirs of a Nanny

I wish I was three years old again.


When you're three, there isn't much to worry about.

When you're three, nap time is mandatory, 

playtime is mandatory, 

and cheerios are the best food in the world.

When you're three, a bowl of rice or a box of beans is a sufficient play thing. 

When you're three, everyone is your friend... 

then your enemy...

then your friend again... all within five minutes.

I wish I was three years old again. 

I wish I was four years old again.

When you're four, train and car wrecks are cool.

When you're four, rolly pollies and worms are no longer disgusting,

Yelling at the sky will make it stop raining, 

and you can be whatever you want just by saying it.

When you're four, you know what to do with a phone, but don't quite understand how the voice on the other end comes into play.

Doesn't matter - 

When you're four, you can talk to no one in particular. Someone must be listening.

I wish I was four years old again.

Life seems so much simpler when you're younger...

But I suppose - 

If I was younger, I wouldn't understand what I understand now.

If I was younger, I wouldn't appreciate what I appreciate now,

wouldn't have the memories I cherish,

wouldn't have the personality I've worked so hard to develop.

If I was younger, I wouldn't be having this conversation. I'd probably be saying

I wish I was older already.

I guess I can be satisfied with how I am right now.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: