RSS

|R|A|N|T|I|N|G| : My anti-drug

- Figure out who your audience is and give them what they want. This can very easily become a ‘chicken and egg’ situation: you’ll attract as readers the kinds of people who like to read what you publish, but if you want to keep them reading, you have to keep providing them with what attracted them to your site in the first place.


There are very few things that rub me the wrong way to the point that I'll get angry about them very quickly... but one of those things is trying to be someone else to impress other people.

I am a form supporter of being yourself, and kind of get upset when people say you should change who you are if you want friends or a boyfriend. Needless to say, when I read the above criteria for How You Can Increase Your Blog Traffic, I got kind of upset.

I understand that it's not exactly saying to change who you are or what you post, but the gist of it is, post what others like so they'll keep reading... to which I have to say, what's the point of having a blog.

The internet is full of sites where people can go and find things that interest them... it isn't my job to make my blog one of those sites. I suppose if you're hungry for blog traffic, this may seem like good advice... but seriously, is internet popularity really worth that?

A blog is about you, what you like or don't like, what you're striving for, what you want to do with your life... a blog is about anything YOU want it to be, not about tweaking it so others will read it. If people want to read what you have to say, they will. If not, they won't. That doesn't change the fact that you should still blog how YOU want to, to make you happy, not to please others.

I started this blog so that I could have a place where I could journal publicly, and say what I felt needed to be said... to get it out there... but at the same time, I really couldn't care less if no one read it. I'm not going to change what I say, how I post, or what this blog is about so that I can get more readers.

Because when it comes down to it, Limitless Ramblings is a place where I can put what's on MY mind, not try to figure out what's on yours. And if our thoughts happen to overlap, then more power to it.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: