RSS

When the Stars Align...

So, today was some what of a momentous occasion... for one second, the time was

12:34:56 07/08/09

Cool, huh?? My friend Casey has this curse where, whenever he looks at the clock, it's 11:11, or 9:11, or something like that. He has a photo album on facebook of screen caps he took at these times... it's pretty interesting. haha. Anyway, I told him I expected one from 12:34:56 and he posted it to my wall while I was at work! AWESOME! :D I think the last time I paid attention to this was... 01:01 01/01/01. That was a pretty cool one. I think I was in... 6th grade? That sounds about right. :)

Also, I figured I'd provide yet more proof that I posted a blog on the 6th. Here is an excert from the chapter of the story I'm writing, posted July 6th @ 12:01 PM:

Spock, Chekov, Bones, and Jim stood in the kitchen, listening to the conversation in the other room. Finally, Chekov nodded and spoke up.

"Ze children are not dead," he said, and everyone looked at him. "Ze article only said zey were missing."

"He's right," Jim said. "So maybe there's still hope." Bones crossed his arms and stared at the floor. Something was crying out to him, something that should have made sense, but for whatever reason, wasn't.

"To survive is to endure and prosper," Spock said, and it suddenly clicked.

"They're growing their numbers," Bones said, turning and making eye contact with the Vulcan. "They aren't taking the children because they're innocent, they're taking them because they're young."

"It seems plausible that the young can be better assimilated... they will also be less likely to be attacked if they retain their child-like form."

"What kind of monsters are these?" Bones asked, and Jim shrugged.

"The good news is, we'll get the chance to find out."



See? So there. :D

Last night's Supernatural marathon was AWESOME. Season 4 is quite possibly the BEST season of the show yet, and not just because of the introduction of really sexy angels. I'm sure watching the show with a huge group of people had something to do with how enjoyable it was (there were 6 of us in all, and I recall the Heroes Season 2 marathon was just as fun, because we had a ton of people... and oreos), but the show is just plain GOOD this season... especially the episode where Dean screams like a little girl... we about died laughing.



We haven't seen all of them, only made it through 8 episodes, but it was great fun, and we plan on finishing it on another night. I'll submit a sound review once I've seen the whole thing, but seeing as Steph has been harping on me to watch it all season, I'm sure it's worth my time. :) I can't wait for the finale!

AND - speaking of finales, Harper's Island is having it's finale THIS SATURDAY. I. CAN'T. WAIT.

About 2 weeks ago, a friend on facebook posted a photo album about this tv show, and I went to look at it. Each picture had a pretty detailed description about each character, and other pictures had plot points and little factoids about the show. I watched the first episode that night and was instantly hooked, watching all current episodes (11 total) in 2 days.

I'm not sure what it was about the show that pulled me in so ferociously, but I think it had something to do with the intrigue of the show.

Harper's Island is only signed on for one season... they don't plan on doing anymore. It was signed on for a short engagement, basically. 1 season, 12 episodes, 25 suspects, 1 killer... oh, and everyone dies. There is a death every episode, sometimes more, and each episode's title is the way someone dies. "Splash," "Bang," stuff like that. And each actor had no idea how or when their character was going to die, except one. I find that to be EXTREMELY intriguing... the show is done VERY well, and even though you tell yourself while watching that you shouldn't get attached to the characters, you do. I was doing really good, made it all the way to episode 11 before a few of my favorites bit it, but I won't lie. I cried.

Without giving too much of the show away, it's basically about a group of people that end up on Harper's Island because Henry Dunn and Trish Wellington are getting married. One of the wedding guests (and Henry's best friend) is Abby Mills, a native of the island who left when her mother was murdered by John Wakefield, a psychopath who went on a killing spree. His body count was 6 in all, including Abby's mother and another local's mother, Kelly Seaver. Henry and Trish's wedding is set to be a weeklong engagement, each day packed with festivities... but Abby's return to the island is marked by something more ominous when wedding guests and locals began to get murdered.

Basically, it's an intense Clue: The Series. The show is done VERY well... VERY well. One of my favorite things about is is the intense character development/depth. Never before have I seen characters so intense to begin with, that still had room for development! I can't WAIT for the finale! :D

Again, once I've seen the whole thing, I'll supply a more thorough review, but for now, all I can say is... catch the show online before Saturday, and WATCH THE FINALE! :D

And that's all I have for you on this momentous Wednesday, July 07, 2009... have a good day, and remember: Tomorrow is Teddy Bear Doctor day.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: