RSS

"We've No One to Blame But Ourselves..."



The last time I really talked about Theoria in any amount of detail was in December... So I figure it's time I devoted a blog to them again. I'm not exactly sure what direction this blog will take, though... so bear with me.

This weekend was the beginning of their new tour. Interestingly enough, the last time I talked about them was at the beginning of a tour, as well... haha.

Monday was the first concert of their "Double or Nothing" tour, and First Baptist had the honor of being the site of that first concert! The turn out was very good and, save for a few naysayers, everyone liked them. They premiered a new song, and informed us that their album will be out in October! (They'll have a pay pal account by then, so you can order the album online, or buy it at iTunes!)

Aly and I drove up to Walnut Creek the following night (Tuesday) because she didn't get to see all of the Merced concert and, well... let's be honest. When have I ever missed a Walnut Creek concert? They played with Instant Ninja Pimp Heroes and, I'm no gonna sugar coat it: they weren't very good. BUT - they were fun! They played a bunch of 80's music, and got everyone dancing! The drummer even played on a Guitar Hero World Tour drumset! HAHA! When Theoria took the stage, though, the house ROCKED. Until it rocked a bit too hard and the power on half the stage died half way through "Miracle of War." But once that was fixed, they rocked again. Casey even venture out to do a guitar flip which ended fairly badly... lol. (His guitar hit the roof and then stuck on his mic stand. He also had his share of problems with that mic stand throughout the night.) It was a great show (despite Casey being a JERK FACE and Kyle getting in the way of every picture I tried to take), and everyone loved it!

Now, while I LOVE their music, my favorite part about Theoria concerts is talking to the guys before and after. I think that's a large part of my draw to the band. All the guys are fun and extremely amiable... when I firs blogged about the band, they were just that: the band. But now, after 7 concerts and what not, I can actually say they're friends...

I think that's why I like talking about them so much. They aren't just a band that I love like Relient K, New Kids on the Block, Switchfoot, anything like that. I do LOVE Theoria, and I'd go as far as to say they're one of my favorite bands... but to be able to say they're my friends and watch them grow and gain more popularity? There's a bit of pride in that. I'm extremely proud of them... they've put out a music video, their album is coming out in October, and in Ohio (not Oklahoma, lol) they're going to record a song for a company called Greenlight (?) that will hopefully gain them even MORE exposure, and send them on their way to stardom.

I've seen a lot of local bands, and bands of friends, and what sets Theoria apart is that they're going somewhere. I'm not just saying that because they're my friends... I'm saying that because it's true. They're all insanely talented, their music is great, and a producer would have no problem presenting them to the public - they've got the look down, as well. All they need is the exposure... and that's excellent for them. I can't wait for them to finally make it big because they deserve it... but at the same time, I'm dreading the day they finally get there, because I'm not looking forward to having to share them with everyone else. I'm a little selfish like that :P

And maybe that's why I've felt mildly depressed the past two days... I keep thinking about how much I love talking to them and just hanging out with them, and I don't want that to end. They're great guys and I love them to death and I'd love to believe they won't change, but there's still that fear in the back of my mind that says once they make it big, it's over. I was telling Jordan (you all met her during guest blogger weekend) that, when I said goodbye to the guys Tuesday, it seriously felt like I was ACTUALLY saying goodbye. :/ And it's interesting because the past few days all I've been hearing from everyone is how people change when they get famous and all that jazz... it's sad. BUT - I'll get over it. Like Aly said, I'll always be able to say "I knew them when..." and besides all of that, Casey reassured me that they wouldn't get "too" famous... I'm inclined to believe him over the stupid fear in the back of my head any day.

I wish them the best of luck on tour, along with safe travels and all that jazz!!

SEE IF THEORIA IS COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU!

Jul 23 2009 7:00P
The Rogue Hero Bellingham, Washington
Jul 24 2009 7:00P
Common Grounds Coffeehouse Burlington, Washington
Jul 25 2009 7:00P
Empyrean Spokane, Washington
Jul 27 2009 6:30P
New Song Underground Salt Lake City, Utah
Jul 28 2009 7:00P
The Legend, Garden Of Edith’s Operation: Save Africa Centennial, Colorado
Jul 29 2009 8:00P
Pj’s Pub Manhattan, Kansas
Jul 30 2009 7:00P
Station 4 St. Paul, Minnesota
Jul 31 2009 8:00P
Sidewinder’s Lincoln, Nebraska
Aug 1 2009 8:00P
Music at the Mall Keokuk, Iowa
Aug 2 2009 8:00P
Swing State Lake Villa, Illinois
Aug 3 2009 7:00P
Skylight Lafayette, Indiana
Aug 5 2009 8:00P
Recording at Pendlwood Studios Columbus, Ohio
Aug 6 2009 7:00P
Hi-fi Concert Club Lakewood, Ohio
Aug 7 2009 7:00P
Premier Concert Venue Chesterfield, Michigan
Aug 8 2009 9:00P
Oade’s Hidden Camel Lansing, Michigan
Aug 9 2009 7:00P
Dirty Jack’s Cincinnati, Ohio
Aug 10 2009 7:00P
The Smiling Moose Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Aug 11 2009 8:00P
The Basement Kingston, New York
Aug 12 2009 7:00P
Fat Baby New York City, New York
Aug 13 2009 7:00P
Knapp’s Underground Bennington, Vermont
Aug 15 2009 7:00P
The Edge Big Stone Gap, Virginia
Aug 17 2009 8:00P
The Ultimate Basement Sunnyview, North Carolina
Aug 18 2009 9:00P
The Haven Lounge Winter Park, Florida
Aug 20 2009 8:00P
Charlotte’s Underground Charlotte, North Carolina
Aug 21 2009 7:00P
Fresh Brew Coffee House Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Aug 22 2009 8:00P
Filthy McNasty’s Vero Beach, Florida
Aug 26 2009 9:00P
The Scout Bar Houston, Texas
Aug 27 2009 7:00P
Red Room Norman, Oklahoma
Aug 29 2009 7:00P
Tba Ogden, Utah

If you can't get to a concert, buy some of their music HERE or check them out at www.myspace.com/theoriarock

If you're a fan - or are just curious about them - see if you can catch a concert! It's totally worth your time! :D

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: