RSS

Hope

I actually don't know how well this is going to go with the whole "Thanks" theme - but I figured I'd write about it anyway.

There are a few words that I love just because they're more than words - they're words that you can't define just by pointing to something, because they aren't tangeable. HOPE is one of these words - I absolutely love it... but what is Hope, really?

I'm in a Christmas musical at my church called Christmas at Hope Central... it's a real cute production, and one of the songs (sung by Bailey Dalhoff, who does a GREAT job) is called "To Know Hope" and it's a real good song.

It's the time of year when all the lights shine and everyone says:
Be of good cheer. He look around, things are so in a mess.
Now Christmas is near, but ti's the same old lonely world that it's been.
Better luck next year with peace on earth, good will to men.

To know hope, when the darkness that surrounds me brings no hope, please help me to see.
To know hope when there's no one really out there. Is there anybody anywhere?
Help me to know hope.

It's the time of year when all lights shine and everyone says:
Be of good cheer. Hey look around, things are so in a mess.
You turn your back to the cold while Christmas bells played their song again.
You heard the story told of peace on earth, good will to men.

To know hope, when the darkness surrounds me, brings no hope, please help me to see.
To know hope is to know the love of Jesus and to feel his arms around us, to know Him
is to know hope.

I really like that song - the tune is sweet, and like I said before, Bailey does a good job singing it. But, I like the message, too... especially the line about turning your back to the cold.

Isn't THAT what hope is?? Some people would say hope is something that you want - when you never stop wanting, the feeling that if you want hard enough it'll happen... but I don't think so... more so than a state of mind, I think HOPE is actually an action... more so than just wanting something, I think HOPE involves a lot of work on someone's part. The wanting and believing whatever you want can be attained is only half of the job - the other half would be what that line in the song says - turning your back to the cold. In order to have real, true, hope, you have to work at it... you have to believe when everything else says you're wrong. You have to want when everyone tells you it's impossible. You have to shut off everyone around you and push on to attain your goal - you have to turn your back to the cold. When people tell you something is never going to happen, you have to know how to laugh it off - you can't let anything discourage you. THAT'S what HOPE is - and to know hope is to know the love of Jesus...

I mean, who can debate that knowing Jesus Christ is true Hope?? How many people in this world condemn Christians? Tell them that what they believe is ridiculous?? And how many of those Christians turn their backs to the cold and continue to believe - continue to have true hope?? I know it exists - I've felt his love, heard his voice, and seen him work in my life... I have the hope in my life that there is more, that I'm meant for more, and that there is more beyond this world. THAT is true hope, and no matter what you tell me, I won't abandon that.

You couldn't pay me to abandon the idea of true hope.

Get ya mind right.

~L

Thanks wise... I guess you could say I'm thankful for Christ... and the chance to experience true Hope.

I'm also EXTREMELY thankful to facebook, for not only telling me I'm a whore, but letting me know that for every 1 person that has a crush on me, there are 2 people that hate me. THANKS FACEBOOK.

Click the image ^^

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: