RSS

A Few Things Occured to Me...

I was thinking... a lot of times, when I think, nothing really interesting comes of it. But, earlier, I had a bit of a thought stream that interested me. So, I'm going to try and just lay it out for you... as unedited as possible.

There are certain things that I could do non stop.

I could stare at the clouds all day without getting bored.

I could watch the rain hit my window for hours.

I could lie in the grass and stare at the stars until the sun came up.

I could stare at the moon and the pictures it paints on any clouds that come near it.

Because I've suddenly become very aware of the everyday gorgeous miracles in this beautiful, broken world.

I have yet to keep from smiling when a baby smiles at me.

I will always laugh when hearing a baby's laughter.

I feel it extremely important to teach children of these subtle, every day joys.

Because the small things can change the world.

I will remain terrified of tornadoes and hurricanes - the things we take for granted like wind and water are sometimes the most terrifying forces on earth.

I understand now that there are more important things in the world than winning.

Than being popular.

Than having everyone like you.

I understand that what I say may have a bigger impact than I think.

I also understand it may have no impact at all.

I don't have to save the world - it's not my job, and I can't do it.

I will always commit myself 100% to the things that I love

Commitment is an aspect of pride.

Pride, if not abused, is a beautiful thing.

Pride may sometimes come from losing.

The most important thing is that you love and commit yourself... to everything important.

I will never see the moon the same way again...

or the earth, for that matter.

I'm not sure why, but everything just seems more... fragile. Everything seems more... real.


This blog was inspired by:

"Wonderful Life"
Natalie Grant
Relentless

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: